Friday, April 23, 2010

Ashley Freakin' Wood

Dammit. I did it again. I told myself I'd stay away from it, but it didn't happen. Complete failure.

So, usually when I get into something, I REALLY get into it. The last couple of things I was really into were sneakers, James Jarvis, and James Jean. Sneakers have kinda fell off because I've managed to practice restraint. Sill love Jarvis and Jean, but Jarvis hasn't been doing much lately, and Jean's rising popularity has put lots of my wants well out of my price range =(.

The newest addiction: the art of Ashley Wood. I've been into the guy's art for a while, but it's only been in the last 2 years that he's been putting out toys through his new company, 3A. Alot of Mr. Wood's art has to do with robots, women, and zombies. And who doesn't like those? Toys? Yeah, i'm a total geek. Fuck you.

So anyways, I have amassed a large amount of this 3A stuff and it's getting pretty ridiculous. I guess the quantity of stuff that I have ordered hasn't really hit me, as most of it has been shipped home to the good ol' US of A. That or it's queued up in my pre-orders list, just waiting to ship. I've had some of it shipped to me here in Japan for a while, but my storage filled up WAY to fast.

So here is how I failed. I told myself i'd stop, at least for a few months. Today, there was a drop of his "portable" version of his Armstrong robot. And guess who bought some? And some in this case = more than I should have.

Ashley's Art blog

Jerry Bruckheimer announced at SDCC in 2009 that he picked up the right's for the movie adaption of Ashley's "World War Robot" (WWR), and should be out sometimes in 2012.

If Bao son of Tong "11 lbs." is reading this, you and you boyfriend Batman had your time in the sun. 2012 will be my year. I'll find you at Saugus Drugs.



1 comment: